- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (raw)
- 2/3 cup toasted , sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed meal
- 6 Tbsp chocolate chips (or cacao chips)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until mixture has firmed up a bit, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Unsweetened coconut can be used instead of sweetened, if desired. Just make sure to buy shredded coconut and not coconut flakes.
Recipe Source: adapted from Smashed Peas and Carrots